Thursday, November 09, 2006

Blow Me



I can't stop. I'm absolutely obsessed. I found this new group called The Blow on iTunes the other day (they were the free single of the week... this week it's Lilly Allen. Check her out...she's so awesome. But not as awesome as The Blow.) and upon listening to the song "True Affection" I immediately bought their album Paper Television. I've listened to that song about 400 times so far (I wish I was kidding) and now I'm freedying the entire album so much that I kind of feel like a crazy person. I mean really. It's never been this bad. I think the woman working next to me at work wants to kill me a little. I'm sorry! I can't stop!! Please, someone buy this album and love it as much as I do so we can commiserate.

"Hold a piece of pop music in your hand. How heavy is it? If you threw it, could you break the window of a passing car? Could you break a tooth? For several years, The Blow have been hard at work developing an essential pop music formula, fashioned, as the best popular music is, with the function of getting under the skin of the people. What that music does once it gets there is what makes The Blow worth thinking about. Fascinated with the physics of pop construction, The Blow makes music that holds a weightless gravity. Their songs are light enough to sail easily through the air, landing simultaneously on the turntable of a London DJ, in your Mom's car stereo, and in the iPod of a middle schooler in study hall. However, they are somehow heavy enough to stick around, laying in your mind long after their new album, Paper Television, is over." -krecs.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You have got to be the cutest thing ever! (well, besides my little Adwyn!) You are so hilarious! I love reading your thoughts! Keep it up girlie! I love you bunches and bunches! xoxo-heidi