Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Birthday Birthday, oh Birthday

I always feel like it's a no-no to say anything about my birthday coming up until my dear Kirby's has come and gone (tomorrow, Happy Birthday Kirby DAWGIE!!!) but you know what? This year my birthday is just too exciting.

Every year I have my birthday at a karaoke lounge in the city and every year a great many friends show up to sing, drink and be merry. And every year, for the past two or so years, I have had people design t-shirts. The first year I actually think I designed them along with the help of some friends. But last year I just provided the shirts and markers and let people have at it.

This year I am stepping it up a notch. I AM PRESENTING MY BIRTHDAY T-SHIRTS IN SPARKLING LIVING COLOR BECAUSE, MY FRIENDS, I, GLENNIS MCMURRAY, HAVE PURCHASED...

A BEDAZZLER!!!
(thanks Tanna from the Apprentice!)



I can see it all now. Amazing t-shirts, fun, laughter, singing, bedazzled body parts... oh it's NOT TO BE MISSED!

And now, I present my favorite designs from years past. Enjoy!

I just don't know how one picture could be so adorable.


Liz made my name into the word "Slut." Strangly I was not offended by this.


Maggie had a two parter. This was part one...


And of COURSE this was part two...


Eugene turned it up a notch (I still have this design at home)


Eliza was one of the only ones the first year to make her own. Trailblazer!


Will did an AMAZING likeness of me. He thinks I'm so skinny!


Shelly took it to the next level by incorporating my favorite pair of shoes. Now that's detail!


Kate made it look like she'd bought the $2 t-shirt at Saks. And made my name into a catch phrase. (people are still saying it!)


Would a BEDAZZLER bring down the lousy factor, Cara?


Lynn can't draw, but she can mystify and delight.


And my favorite...Dave looking sad and lonesome without his puppy.


If you are reading this and have not been invited and want to come, email me! Free pizza, Glennis, karaoke, Glennis, beer, Glennis, BEDAZZLER, GLENNIS! What more could one party need???

No comments: