Friday, March 31, 2006

Toss My Salad

I don't know what it is about those "we'll toss your salad" places, but when faced with a bowl of lettuce and unlimited ingredients/dressings I become a blabbering mess! I simply can not think. What do I like? Do those two things go well together? Is that too many different types of cheese? Will that dressing compliment the different cheeses?

It's Simply TOO MUCH!

I end up with salads consisting of cheddar cheese ("I love cheeseburgers... right?") and chick peas with red wine vinegar dressing.

THAT IS NOT A GOOD SALAD GLENNIS.

So then I go the exact opposite... corn, mushrooms, beets, chicken, avocado, sprouts, broccoli, carrots, asparagus, black olives, feta cheese, artichokes and onions. With italian. ("Wait, I hate Italian... why did I get Italian! Too late... he's pouring it on... oh god.. NOOO!!! He just put TWO SCOOPERS OF ITALIAN!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDD NOOOOO!!!!!!")

Besides the fact that the salad resembles chili and costs $15, it's actually pretty terrible. Oh wait, so it's ALL AROUND TERRIBLE.

I used to have a few "go-tos" that I knew I loved. One was grilled chicken, cheddar (again, cheese on a salad is NEVER a bad thing), broccoli and sprouts with Asian Sesame dressing. Then I ate it almost every day for a month (as I'm apt to do with most things I like) and got so sick of the dressing I couldn't even smell it.

**Side Note: I should mention that I don't eat salads for their health value. I just really enjoy the mixed up/small bite quality salads present. I also enjoy a lot of different tastes in one meal. And I don't like to cut stuff up.

The other go-to had grilled chicken, blue cheese, walnuts and cranberries. How exotic! I usually put balsamic. But again... even thinking about eating walnuts cranberries and blue cheese right now is making me gag.

So what is my deal. Why is it so hard for me to decide and more importantly...WHY DO I KEEP GOING BACK?

Holler if you hear me people.

Freedying: Cubicle, by Rinocerose (that song from the new ipod commercial with all the album covers. I LOVE it.)

No comments: