Monday, October 02, 2006

Recent Developments

According to just about everyone I've talked to lately, I might have mono. I made a doc's appointment for today (how lucky am I to get a same-dayer?) so we'll see. It's very exciting even if I don't actually think I'll ever have a "real" sickness/disease because I'm so twisted inside I actually want it. Although, not in that crazy Munchousins (sp?) way.

I am kind of annoyed because I've just recently decided I could stand to lose 15 lbs. Don't freak out, now... I know it sounds like a lot, but most of that weight's in my ankles so really, its all for the best. The annoyance comes from not being able to go to the gym. I can't even walk up two flights of stairs without getting tired lately. Anyway, I was telling Liz today that all my talk about losing weight ("I'll buy these pants in a smaller size... for when I lose weight." "Let's go dancing!...when I lose weight." "Sorry I didn't call you back...I'm still fat.") is like talking about The Rapture. It takes a lot of faith to think something this fantastical and absurd will Actually happen. (Sorry, God.)

Ug, this typing is even wearing me out. Of course this didn't stop me from going out almost every night this weekend. And I wonder why I'm sick?!

Things to look forward to:
1. My prognosis
2. Weight loss (a.k.a. The Second Coming of My Size 2s)

Have a great day. yawn.

Love,

Glennis

1 comment:

Admin said...

"Sorry I didn't call you back...I'm still fat."

Now that's entertainment!