Friday, October 13, 2006

A Quickie?

I don't have a lot of time to write today, nor do I have a specific reason for writing, so I'll just recount a fun thing that happened last night.

I'm walking up 3rd Avenue coming from a meal at Blockhead's where I stuffed the biggest burrito into my face (I mean, I ate more than my male dining companions. When I say I can eat you under the table goddammit I MEAN IT) and we're enjoying the lovely evening. I'm walking a little ahead of the pack, just a few steps, and sort of notice this dude coming at us. He looks "normal" (what is "normal," after all. Am I right people?) and he walks past me but then stumbles a little and turns around to walk next to me. With his eyes creepily tilted toward the ground (think Rainman) he says, "Can I ask you a question?" I continue to walk and say, "depends on what the question is."

"Do you have a boyfriend."

I mean. I'm flattered. No, really. I am.

So I went home with him for a quickie and let him throw me around a little bit.

YOU GUYS. I'm kidding.

I told him that I indeed have a boyfriend and he was right there and then latched on to one of the boys with us. Upon hearing this news, Rainman said, "Oh uh huh" and walked off.

We stopped to watch him to see if he was just walking down the street mumbling, "Do you have a boyfriend" to every passing girl before telling them that he could take them home in his car cuz he's definitely, definitely a good driver.

And that, dear friends, is how Glennis' love life goes sometimes.

Jealous?

I then went and watched the most adorable and wonderful concert at Town Hall; Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins. I'm absolutely head over heels in love in a non-lesbo (but totes Glesbo) fashion with JL. Watch this video of her as a teen being interviewed by the crappy show "Teen Set" in 1991. She tries on hats and jumps on a trampoline.



Have a great weekend!!

Love,

Glennis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am coming to new york next week and I want to hang out with you. Like, I am really serious. This should happen.