Monday, May 29, 2006

Massage in a Bottle

Saturday was a non-stop go go go day.

Friday night I helped the awesome and talented Hammerkatz out with a few sketches during Liquid Courage at UCB (basically just a time to put up sketches to see audience reaction, work out kinks, etc.) LC doesn't START until 12:15am so I knew it'd be a late night, but I also knew if I don't drink I'm ok with about 4 hours of sleep on a long day ahead. So I got to bed at around 2:30 am knowing full well I had to get up and run the next morning.

So my alarm goes off at 7:30 and I'm BEAT. I think, "no way can I get up and run HOWEVER many miles I have to run today." But I can't let my team down. And by my team I mean all the amazing people who have donated money, lent their vocal support, run with me, our honor teammates. I can't let them down. So I got up. I drug myself out of bed. I did it for you! Well, for me too : )

I got up to Central Park on time and was ready to run 4 miles with the beginner group. Then... "You're running intermediate today, right?" Spo said. Yikes. Intermediate was 6 miles (5.7 to be exact). More than I'd ever run before without stopping. But I was feeling good. I knew I could do it. And Spo did too. And Hammy joined in, then my Mentor Wanda, everyone knew I could do it, why didn't I? So I said, "hell yeah, let's do this!" And I did!! I ran 5.7 (let's call it 6) without stopping. The first 4 miles were pretty easy. The last .7 miles were HARD. I got pretty tired. But hey, I'd had about 4 hours of sleep. And I did it!! Go team!!

So after the run, and the stretch, I went home and passed out. Then came the fun. I met up with Robyn for a late lunch at Josie's (which is amazing... 37th street and 3rd Ave. All healthy food. So good) then some shopping, then massages!! I had a GC from my boss so I took Robyn as a thank you for all her help with the Ellen video. We were really early at the spa so we lounged around for a while. Then the massages. I told the lady I was running and that I'd love for her to focus on my legs. She was ROUGH but it felt good cuz I was sore. But half way through the massage, I'm laying there and my throat starts to close up. It got really hard to swallow and I thought it might have been because of the A/C or something. I felt woozy after the massage but I always do. So I thought nothing of it.

After the massages we went down to visit Shelly where she works (another amazing eatery. The Orchard) and I was feeling pretty good. But boy was I sorry the next day. I woke up Sunday morning feeling like I'd been hit by a bus. I was completely out of energy, could barely swallow, headache, body, muscle, joints aching. It was bad. I guess my body was trying to tell me it was time to relax and stop GOING all the time. (Massage in a Bottle. Get it?)

So I did. I even skipped DDPP (I never miss it. NEVER!) so I could sleep, and I did. I slept for about 5 hours then woke up, ate some food and slept for about 15 more. It was sorely needed.

I'm feeling better today. Not 100% but better.


Ok, have a great day!!

1 comment:

spo said...

you rocked it Saturday! and we will Rock it again this saturday! Get ready to ROCK IT.
that means ROCK IT!
thats a plane that ROCKS IT into Space!
your area a space plane!