Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas lovelies! I'm in Chicago and it's foggy and cold and I'm having a GREAT time.

Christmas Eve was spent at a local bar drinking with friends and I have to say it was one of the best xmas eve's I've had in a long time (I'm not a huge fan of xmas - sorry to be a grinch). So yes, last night was great. And we ended the night sitting in bed watching a yule log on tv eating nachos, hot dogs and slurpees from 7/11. I love you 7/11! And I love Rossi's bar in Chicago for staying open until a lovely 3am.

But you know who gets a huge Christmas Eve thumbs down from me? The douchebags who played The Allman Brothers Mountain Jam LIVE on the Juke Box at 11:00pm. Does anyone want to take a guess at how long the song is? Anyone? Just take a wild guess.

THIRTY. THREE. MINUTES. AND. THIRTY. SIX. SECONDS.

That's 33:36 I will never get back. That's 33:36 longer I had to wait to hear Stevie Wonder sing Sir Duke.

That's 33:36 I used to turn the bar against those db's who played the song and then didn't own up to it.

Now I'm all for The Allman Brothers (granted, I don't really enjoy jam bands unless I'm high...and I haven't been high in years) but how DARE you play a 33 minute and 36 second song in a bar?! CRAP man!

So I hope you all had a great xmas eve. And Mary Mac, thanks for the night-ending shot.

Loving Chicago and your AWESOME music suggestions (keep them coming!!),

Glennis

No comments: