Thursday, August 04, 2005

office etiquette

Am I the only one who thinks office email could stand some brightening up? Is it just my sunny disposition that makes me it's ok to end an email to a co-worker with a cute little smiley-face at the end? A smiley "button" if you will. A little "have a nice day, suit!"

And exclamation points. Are those a no-go with office emails? Bold lettering to show your excitment? Where do we draw the line?

I happen to think people know I'm excited and not yelling so I feel free to let the over-use of capitalzation in my emails RUN WILD!! MULTIPLE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!

There's no story to go along with this, I just often end my emails with a little smiley face and wonder if people don't take me seriously because of it.

"Hey there Jane!!

Thanks so much for letting me know your boss would be out of the office until Friday. I hope he's catching some rays!! GOODNESS KNOWS I COULD USE SOME!!!

:)

Glennis"

Unprofessional?

Regardless and Iregardless... I'll continue to use them. If only to bring a little sunshine to the faces of my fellow employees.

LORD KNOWS THEY NEED IT!!! :) :) :) :) :)

No comments: