Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My Super Sweet Low Self Esteem

Never before have I EVER been rocketed back to my high shool days faster than while watching the abomination that is MTV's "My Super Sweet 16."

I record this show. I love to see how much people spend on their bratty little shits for an event that holds absolutely no significance whatsoever. What the hell is up with a big party for 16? You can't drink. You can't vote. You're probably going to get in at least a few accidents while driving and applying make-up. What the hell is so great about 16? Please, tell me.

So anyway. The show usually provides me with a good solid 22 minutes of gasps, "no way!"s and horified looks at the tacky dress they inevidibly choose.

But last night was a different experience all together. Amanda was on the scene.


DADDY!!

Watching this girl plan, spend and eventually bitch about her not-so-Sweet 16 put me right back in my fat-girl overalls at Durango High School all over again. Not only did she slightly resemble the Senoir who tormented me in high school, but I could almost feel her telling me, through the tv, to "put down the ice cream sandwich, fatty." (it was a skinny cow!)

What.

A.

Bitch.

I sincerely hope she stays in Central Florida so she'll never have to face reality without daddy handing you thousands of dollars for a sweet 16 dress you wore for approximately 45 minutes.

If you missed the show I probably don't need to say much more. Either you were this girl in high school or you knew her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I SOOOOOOOOO agree! (I sounded like her there for a moment, huh? Gawd, let me shoot myself now!)

Great stuff, Glenners!!!

Mwah!!!
Ms McGoo