Thursday, July 20, 2006

Slacker

Wow, I have really been slacking off with these posts!

So have you guys felt it? The world being just a bit "off"? I have... boy have I ever. And I hear it's because Mercury is in retrograde. You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, me neither.

But anywho, it's happening. And I can see it happening too. People are breaking up, getting back together, crying, fighting, crashing, screwing. It's all over the place and it's all because of Mercury. Can't you just let us chill out a little, dude?

Anywho, that's not what my post is about. I don't know enough about that to actually write an intelligent entry.

First thing's first. We had a great time in San Fran (Me, Travis, his fiance, Eliza and her man... my dude was workin so I was solo as usual) and had 3 great shows... but very small audiences. Which was really dissapointing since we flew across the country. And the other weekends had been sold out. But what can you do, right? We made the most of it and had a great time. You don't believe me? Why just look at these pictures!

And can I just talk for one minute about my office again? I need to talk about the "saying hello" thing. There are some WEIRDOS in my office, as I've previously discussed here (in my very subtle sitcom fashion) but why does everyone have to make saying hello in the hallway such an ordeal?

First there's the housekeeper who, every time I see her, every SINGLE TIME throughout the day, stops me to say hello but is not nice about it. She is German, I think, so she doesn't smile, she just says hello. And if I don't say hello she walks over to my eye line and says hello again. WOMAN! I just said hello to you 20 minutes ago!!!

Then there's that weirdo hippy attorney who tried to get $10 back from me for his donation. I say hi to him when passing him in the hallway and he says, "How are you, why not." HOW ARE YOU, WHY NOT?? What the fuck does that even MEAN!?

Then there's a Para who, every single time he sees me, says, "Hey Glennis, what's up, how are you?" EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Like, no, "Hello." No, "How ya doin?" Every single time it's, "Hey Glennis, what's up, how are you?"

I've been here for 5 years, people. It's starting to get to me.

And have I told you about cat lady? She has 2 cats and has 50 framed pictures of them on her desk. I'm not kidding. 50. Framed.

OK that's pretty much all I need to say about this place. Now you know where I'm coming from, eh?

Karate Kitty!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yea! You're back. Sorry about the low audiences. We love you guys on the East Coast though (especially in RI). Speaking of, I saw you guys at Trinity during the Providence Improv Fest. Great show (way to rap about Tetris)! Didn't get a chance to introduce myself, hopefully next time.

Glennis McMurray said...

Sarah! Thank you for the sweet words! And I'm really especially glad you enjoyed my Tetris rap. Although it was really more about growing up to be a well-rounded adult... wouldn't you agree? Yeah, I have no idea.

Next time you will say hi and we'll skip around the room and then drink some beer!!

Glennis